3.02.2008

lars and the real girl



When 'Lars and the Real Girl' first played in theaters, there was only one theater in the state of Utah that showed it (no, no! the theater was NOT in provo)...and every single weekend, Bryce and I would plan to head up to SLC and see it, but something always came up. A snow storm, appendicitis, whatever. Being that Saturday was the only day we've both had off (with absolutely nothing planned) in a LONG LONG time, we decided to finally make it to see 'Lars'.

Nancy Oliver, the writer of 'Lars', describes it as such: "See, it's about this guy who falls in love with a sex doll--only he doesn't use the doll for sex, see? He's delusional, and he really thinks she's a real person, get it? Oh, but it's not a comedy, it's really kind of melancholy and depressing." What a perfect description.

I know Lars seems rather bizarre, and oh yes he is, ...but this movie: easily one of my all-time favorites (hence the reason I'm taking the time to actually post about it)!


2 comments:

Laurel said...

K, I'm glad to hear that, because I've been wanting to see it. Thanks for the review, and I can't wait to watch it now!

Rachel Sharp said...

YESSSSSS!!! You finally saw it!!! I'm so happy! Now we all actually have to go see a movie FOR REAL!!