
A good friend of mine, Matt Knoop, was struck by a car while walking with his companion on Sunday afternoon while serving a mission for Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salvador, Brasil. Two hours after he had been hit, he was finally rushed to the hospital. There they found he had broken an arm, a leg, and later found out he had internal bleeding (specifically a damaged liver). He was sent in to surgery (before he surgery he begged "please don't tell my mom")to try to repair his liver and stop the bleeding, but when he began to fade, they stopped the surgery hoping the bleeding would stop on its own. He made it through the night, and passed away Monday afternoon. Matt was an absolutely incredible person, very talented and very dedicated...his dream has always been to serve a mission in Brasil, and we know his family is grateful that he was blessed with that. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep his family in your prayers as they try to find the comfort they need in this difficult time.
3 comments:
I hate hearing stories like that, but what a better way and place to end your life than on a mission serving our father in heaven. I will keep the family in my prayers.
I will keep them in my prayers, no doubt! I'm so sorry to hear that! But what Teresa said is so true!
I hadn't even heard about this and am so sad for your friend's family's loss. I'm also sad for your loss, as I'm sure he was a very good and generous friend. We will keep you and his family and friends in our prayers and with them all well.
Post a Comment