6.12.2008

colder than siberia

Yesterday, while talking to Diane, she asked me if I had seen the front page of the Seattle Times. I said no. She told me that I HAD to find a copy...and when I did, this is what I found: 

                Seattle Weather: Colder Than Siberia!

'It doesn't seem fair, but it's the cold, hard truth — accent on cold: While Seattle hasn't seen a 70-degree day in more than two weeks, Fairbanks, Alaska, has had six of them in the past 10 days.

Just about everyone, it seems, is toastier than we are. You've heard of International Falls, Minn., the self-proclaimed "Icebox of the Nation?"? It's had four days this month in the 70s, topped off with a pleasant 75 on Sunday.

Across the Atlantic, the northern destination of Oslo, Norway, has been passing the 70-degree mark nearly every day recently, while even the Siberian city of Tomsk, Russia, hit the 70s last weekend.'

YES, it has been THAT cold. It is the middle of June, my friends! It truly has been 40 degrees every day accompanied by the most freezing rain on the planet. Since everybody told us, "You will LOVE Seattle summers, the summer season weather is the best", we of course get to experience the opposite. I can't complain. Although I would like something that at least resembles a tan, I do love the rain. Plus, I have found an excuse to buy the most fun winter scarves (and wear them every day too!). And possibly, if this frigid weather keeps up, a new pair of Uggs too? :)


6 comments:

britni said...

I am so sorry! We need the rain here! Send it on over! Everything looks dead and is dying!

Melissa said...

While you are getting the rain, we are enjoying the nice sunny summer weather here... its about 70 here and perfect "tan" weather. :) I feel for you! Hopefully the nice sun will come your way- sooner than later.

Kevin and Allison said...

I second the new Uggs. That is totally justified. ;)

Nelee said...

Well I suppose you are really missing Texas now! Jeremy and I are thinking of coming with the rest of the family to Seattle. What do you think?

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

I hate cold weather I am sorry. All I can say is that I hope that my Mom being from Seattle is the reason she is a slow driver not the fact that she is getting older. jk

Unknown said...

Guess I shouldn't be complaining about Utah with that rain should I?